Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Me

New year rolls around again, and there are some major changes headed my way this year. First of which is my health. I need to lose about 30kg, I need to get fit and healthy and start taking care of myself. I've been struggling with just how to go about this stuff, since I hurt my back it's been so hard to find the motivation to get up and get out there being active. I know that if I'm in the right frame of mind I can push through the pain, but I just haven't got there yet.

So a friend of mine posted a link to a new app on Facebook call the MeYou Health Challenge. It gives you a different challenge to complete each day, not just physical exercise challenges, but emotional and wellbeing challenges as well. I think it's going to be an excellent tool to help me come to terms with a few things in my life that I don't like, and it'll help me focus on the things I need to improve.

First challenge was My Bucket List. Couldn't have come at a better time being the New Year and all the resolutions floating around. I realised how sad it was that I didn't really have any huge achievements on my horizon, and that was mainly because I've let my life slip away from me again and it's all about everyone else. So here's my Bucket List for the  next 5 years.

1. Lose 30kg and get to my goal weight
2. Do more things just for me, not for everyone else
3. Get a new hobby with new people
4. Survive my 30th :)
5. Have another baby, preferably when I'm at a healthier weight!

I realise that some of them aren't really that aspirational, but they're the things that are the most important to me. I feel a bit down about turning 30 this year, with very little to show for my accomplishments in life except for my beautiful kids. So I'll be working on making some big changes this year and getting ahead.

Todays challenge was to think of a negative experience that happened recently which was still upsetting me, the lessons learnt and what I could have done differently.

So I was thinking today about recent issues that have popped up between myself and my husband, and me and my family that made me feel like I was worthless, well actually less than worthless, I hit my absolute rock bottom. I got myself out of it by thinking about all the good things that I can do, and the nice things about myself that I am proud of, I remind myself every day when I start to feel low. I don't think I would have done anything differently so far, but I know that I still have to work hard at being a better person, a better wife and a better friend, and I also know that I am worth the effort and it's also up to other people to realise that too :)

See? This thing is really making me think about things in a good way! I went for a walk this afternoon even though I didn't feel like going, I haven't pigged out on food, and I'm going to start looking into different things I can do away from home. I'm also going to plan a girls weekend away just for the hell of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment